Friday, August 10, 2012

Squash Bars

These are from Nanci; Lauren just put them on the blog. So the comments etc. are from Nanci.

Squash Bars

4 well beaten eggs
2 C sugar
2 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/3 C oil (scant)
2 C flour
1 1/2C cooked mashed zucchini (you can use pumpkin or butternut or any other squash you think would be good)   I usually put the cooked squash into my food processer and puree it that way.  It is much faster than mashing by hand.

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 11 x 15 jelly roll pan. Mix well all ingredients except squash. Then add the squash into the mixture and beat to mix in well.  Bake in 11 x 15 pan for 20 minutes.  Frost with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle with chopped nuts.
Cream Cheese Frosting

4 TBSP butter or margarine
1 / 2 tsp vanilla
1 8 oz package cream cheese

2 C powdered sugar

Blend all ingredients well.

OK, I have to admit I have never actually made this frosting recipe. It came with the squash bars recipe and I usually just use frosting from the store, so I can’t verify the goodness of this recipe.But how different can it be?

No comments: