Friday, August 6, 2010

Zucchini and yellow squash spaghetti

So, this is a recipe I just throw together often, because I always have these ingredients once my zucc and squash start growing out of my ears...

A bunch of zucchini
A bunch of yellow squash
A handful of fresh Basil
Shredded carrots, or carrots cut up small
Fresh or dried onions to taste
Some fresh tomatoes
Oregano, fresh or dried (I just have dried)
Season salt
Garlic salt
Salt & Pepper
3 small cans of Tomato sauce
Shredded cheese
Spaghetti or linguini noodles

I fry up the veggies in oil or butter and garlic salt, season salt, salt & pepper, for awhile, and once they start to get soft, I'll pour in the tomato sauce.  Add the fresh basil and oregano, some more garlic salt if needed.  Just keep tasting and adding stuff.  It's good that way.  Let it simmer for awhile, not too long though, you don't want your zucc and squash to be mushy.  Put over pasta and add some cheese!  Easy-peasy!  Remy loves it.  It's a great way to get kids to eat zucchini. :)   

No comments: