Monday, August 23, 2010

Summer Squash Casserole

Hi everyone. Here is another good recipe to use up some of that proliferate squash. This casserole goes in a hurry at my house. So good! I got the recipe from Mom, who got it from someone in her book club-- wouldn't it be wild if it is one of Gaye's. It kind of looks like her handwriting.

2lbs (6 Cups) yellow summer squash sliced (I use zucchini too and do way more than 6 cups-cause I need to use up more than that!)
1/4 C onion (I use a whole onion)
1 Can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 C sour cream
1 C shredded carrot (I do more)
1 8 oz pk seasoned stuffing mix
1/2 C butter melted
(I also add shredded cheddar cheese mix and 1 lb cooked sausage)

In sauce pan cook sliced squash and chopped onion in salted water (5+ min). Combine soup and sour cream, stir in shredded carrots. Fold in drained squash and onion. Combine stuffing minx and butter. Spread half of stuffing mixture in bottom of 9x13 baking dish. (Then add sausage) Spoon vegetable mixture on top. (Sprinkle some cheese) and remaining stuffing over veg. Bake 350 for 25 to 30 min. Great summertime meal.

No comments: