Monday, July 18, 2011

Pear Oatmeal Cookies

I needed to use up some pears, and my coworker found this recipe online. I tried it and I think it's now my new favorite cookie ever. Seriously. Sweet, but not a kick of sugar in your mouth - SO so so moist.....and stays that way forever! (Okay, they only lasted like 5 days before they were gone, but they almost got better each day.) Enjoy!

Pear Oatmeal Cookies


1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups chopped pears (fresh or canned)
2 cups rolled oats
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups flour
sugar for topping

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter with brown sugar; add rest of wet ingredients including pears and beat. Mix dry ingredients together; beat into wet mixture.
Drop by teaspoonful onto greased cookie sheets. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake 15 minutes.

I forgot to sprinkle with sugar, and honestly I don't think it needed it at all, they were perfectly delicious without! But by all means add it if you want.


Nutrition information - for one cookie:
Calories: 66.3
Calories from fat: 20
Total fat: 2.2 g
Saturated fat: 1.2 g
Cholesterol: 9.4 mg
Sugars: 5 g
Total Carbohydrates: 10.5 g
Protein: 1.1 g

No comments: