Thursday, March 25, 2010

Baked Balsamic Chicken

Ok I feel inadequate posting a recipe when I'm amongst such wonderful cooks, but this is a recipe that I found once on the internet trying to find something interesting using stuff I already had on hand. As a result: I love this because it's super easy, doesn't take very long (prep is almost nothing), uses ingredients I usually have on hand anyway, and it really is pretty yummy. In mine and Carter's opinions.

Baked Balsamic Chicken

4 chicken breasts
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsps dried oregano
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper (obviously fresh ground is better but if I don't have any I just use regular.)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange chicken in a dish, pour vinegar over them. Sprinkle evenly with oil, oregano, salt & pepper. Bake 20 minutes, baste with juices. Bake 20 minutes more. Serve with juices spooned over.

Carter and I often eat this with rice, which I kinda thought sounded weird at first (it was Carter's suggestion) but it actually goes well we think. And I can throw the rice in the rice cooker at the same time I start making this and it all gets done at the same time. But of course you could do whatever.

No comments: